Area Control Rating (C1) Rating
- Hold a TMA rating
- Have (20) hours logged as a TMA controller over a period of at least 1 month
- Have completed adequate study of the Moodle Enroute course.
- Area Control Moodle Course Quiz
- Pass Mark: 80%
Training Session Breakdown:
Note: Sweatbox training sessions will be carried out in order to meet the requirements set by VATNZ Training Department
Note: All training will be conducted at NZAA (Auckland International Airport).
Session Type: Sweatbox
Topics: Set up ATC client
Session 2: Departures/Arrivals
Recap from TMA Procedures
Session 3. Arrivals
- STAR Clearances
- Level instructions
- Area QNH
- Control Regional Aerodromes
- Direct Routings
- Speed control
- Aircraft Holds
Session 4: IFR Aircraft In Controlled Airspace/Uncontrolled airports
- Separation Requirements
- Departures from Uncontrolled Airspace
- Arrivals into Uncontrolled Airspace
- IFR Traffic Information
- Frequency Change Instructions and IFR Cancellation
- Phraseology for uncontrolled aerodromes
Session Type: VATSIM Practical Assessment
Pass Mark: 80% Phraseologies; 100% safety.
Comments: Practical assessment carried out on sweatbox covering all topics.