This week we depart Ashburton and head off on another long leg flight to kaikoura with a few touch and go's on the way in Christchurch, Hanmer Springs and Rangiora. It is a scenic and easy route to navigate through.
We welcome all pilots of all skill levels to come and join us this Saturday for a couple hours of fun filled flying.
1.5 to 2hrs
- Depart Ashburton (NZAS) and track towards lake Ellesmere via the coast.
- Keep on flying north until you get to Banks Peninsula, fly around it past Akaroa and Okains bay.
- Fly inland to Christchurch (NZCH), perform t&g on grass runway.
- Depart to the NNE (Hdg 025) from Christchurch towards the Waimakariri River.
- Follow SH1 & SH71, to Rangiora (NZRT), perform t&g
- From Rangiora find SH1 and follow till you reach Waipara.
- Join SH7 and track towards Hanmer Springs.
- Nearing Hanmer Springs you should find you cross Waiau River.
- Follow the river down stream, until you reach the east coast.
- Your final leg will be following the coast north to Kaikoura.
- At Kaikoura (NZKI) we will make a full stop.
However if you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct to each airport.
Maps showing flight path
- Click here
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport name in lower case.
Event designed by
- Wesley St George
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — RWY 02/20
- Arrival/Departure (5) — RWY 02/20
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (5)
- RNAV STAR RWY 11 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (5)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (3) & (4)
- Visual Arrivals RWY 02 & RWY 20
- Visual Arrivals RWY 29
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 02/20 (1) & (2)
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 29 (1) & (2)
Standard Route Clearances