Monday 27 January 2014 is Auckland’s Anniversary Day celebrating the founding of the province. And to commemorate the day, one of the world’s single biggest one day sailing regattas will take place – 173 years after the first one back in 1840, with a glorious spectacle featuring the vintage superstars of the past and the high tech heralds of the future,.
The Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta attracts a huge fleet of vessels including, tall ships, gaff riggers, sloops, racing keelers, multi-hulls, sailing dinghies, radio controlled boats, waka ama, elegant sea scout craft, perfectly restored classic yachts, an armada of over 20 vintage tugboats and America’s Cup prototypes.
It’s a great day out for sailors and thousands of spectators who can see the maritime and trading history of our city in action under paddle, sail and steam power.
We expect to see the whole of the Viaduct and Wynyard Quarter area turning into ‘party central’ with free entertainment for all the family including exciting dragon boat and waka ama racing.
Our own Training Director, Alex Burrow, a keen sailor, will be participating in the Regatta, so come along the night before and show your support.
VATNZ prepares for the Regatta by gettings pilots flying in and around the airports of Auckland in an open event where you can fly from/to anywhere that includes one or more of the Auckland airports listed below.
NZAR Ardmore, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4)
- Arrival/Departure (5)
- RWY 03 Preferred VFR Arrival/Departure Routes (1) & (2)
- RWY 21 Preferred VFR Arrival/Departure Routes (1) & (2)
- Helicopter Arrival/Departure Sectors, RWY 03 Helicopter Preferred VFR ARR/DEP — South
- RWY 21 Helicopter Preferred VFR ARR/DEP — South, Helicopter Arrival/Departure (1)
- Helicopter Arrival/Departure (2), Helicopter — Tower TLOF Training Circuit
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & 23L (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (6) & 23L (7)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & 23L (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R & 23L (1)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (2) & 23L (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & 23L (3)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (4) & 23L (5)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances
NZME Mercer, New Zealand
NZKE Waiheke, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances