Get ready for an afternoon of non-stop action as VATNZ presents Auckland Real Ops. Auckland Airport saw over 13,000 aircraft movements in July as the airport starts to expanded with an increase in passenger movements by 12% over the previous month. Auckland is therefore the biggest airport in New Zealand, so prepare yourself to be one of over 200 flights leaving or arriving at Auckland in this single afternoon.
Book one of the 200+ flights on the second tab of the event page and prepare to experience a full ATC experience from Delivery to Center. A full flight plan has been provided as per the real world, although we understand that not everyone has all the aircraft involved, therefore feel free to book the slot and use any similar aircraft. A gate has been provided for all International and Domestic departures including an estimated time, please be punctual and use the allocated slots to your best ability.
The daily schedule at Auckland has everything from a 16 hour flight to Dubai or maybe a 30 minute hop to Great Barrier Island, so get ready and book a flight that suits your time frame, it might be 1 flight or several. Come along and support the event making the Air Traffic Controllers work hard! Remember that the real flight schedule is always changing so if there is a flight that is not listed please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and add that. This event is designed to replicate the real schedule as close as possible but remember it will not be perfect.
Book your flights and we will see you all in our virtual skies!
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & 23L (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (6) & 23L (7)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & 23L (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R & 23L (1)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (2) & 23L (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & 23L (3)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (4) & 23L (5)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances