Trans-Tasman flights are always popular for VATNZ Sunday Night Ops.
This week sees pilots flying the four hours between Auckland and Melbourne (or 3.5 hours Melbourne to Auckland, the choice is yours!)
This route suits all jet aircraft from you small business jet, to a Boeing 737 or Airbus A320 up to a Boeing 777 or Airbus A380. The route is served by Air New Zealand in the Airbus A320 and Boeing 777, Jetstar in the Airbus A320, Emirates in the Airbus A380 and Qantas in the Boeing 737-800.
Auckland lies between two coastlines, and beaches are within easy reach. To the west is the Tasman Sea, which pounds rugged beaches such as Piha. To the east is the Pacific Ocean coastline, with sheltered, sandy bays. Here too is the Hauraki Gulf, dotted with islands including Waiheke and Rangitoto.
Auckland city is on a narrow strip between two harbours: the Waitematā and the wide, shallow Manukau. Further north is the Kaipara Harbour, a habitat for wading birds.
Volcanic cones mark the skyline, and the Waitākere Ranges rise steeply in the west. The major river is the Waikato in the south.
Melbourne is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the second most populous city in Australia. The name "Melbourne" refers to an urban agglomeration area (and census statistical division) spanning 9,900 km2 (3,857.2 sq mi) that comprises the greater metropolis – as well as being a common name for its metropolitan hub, the Melbourne City Centre. It is a leading financial centre in Australia, as well as the Asia-Pacific region, and has been ranked the world's most livable city since 2011 (and among the top three since 2002), according the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). In 2013 the EIU also ranked Melbourne the fourth most expensive city in the world, tying with Oslo, Norway. Melbourne is rated highly in the areas of education, entertainment, healthcare, research and development, tourism and sports.
It is located on the large natural bay of Port Phillip, with its City Centre situated at the northernmost point of the bay – near to the estuary of the Yarra River. The metropolitan area extends south from the City Centre, along the eastern and western shorelines of Port Phillip, and expands into the hinterlands – toward the Dandenong and Macedon mountain ranges, Mornington Peninsula and Yarra Valley. The City Centre is located in the municipality known as the City of Melbourne, and the metropolis consists of a further 30 municipalities. Melbourne has a population of 4.35 million and the fastest growing population among Australian capital cities.
Auckland (NZAA) to Melbourne (YMML) - Even Flight Levels - AA N759 ML
Melbourne (YMML) to Auckland (NZAA) - Odd Flight Levels - CORRS Y81 GEMAC N759 PEBLU
NZAA Auckland, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (11)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (1) & (2)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- ILS/DME W or LOC/DME W RWY 23L, LOC/DME W RWY 05R
- ILS/DME E or LOC/DME E RWY 05R, LOC/DME E RWY 23L
- VOR/DME E RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) E RWY 05R
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- VOR/DME W RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) W RWY 23L