This weekend VATNZ have organised an event with the local virtual airlines.
Fly into or out of Auckland International Airport (NZAA) to any destination or hub that your virtual airline flies to, each airline is allocated a set of gates depending on their airline size. If you are participating in the event you must use the gates and stands allocated to your airline. Each airline will have a different method of organising their gates.
The Virtual Airline competition will be the most aircraft movements around Auckland per gate. A flight must leave the Auckland TMA to count as a flight and must be completed.
Please have your virtual airline in your remarks, also on first contact with ground please advise which gate you will be wanting to taxi to.
Pilots not part of a Virtual Airline or one that is not listed are encouraged to participate using one of the 'non-event stands'. Would be good to see everyone in Auckland!
The official gate allocation map will become available approximately one week before the event. If any VA is interested in getting gates please email email@example.com. Advise how many gates your VA wants.
ATC will be rostered so please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your availability and position preferences.
To assist with position reports, feel free to use the Oceanic Reporting Tool.
Air New Zealand Virtual: 31, 32, 33
Jetstar Virtual: 20, 21, 22, 24
Koru Virtual: 2, 4, 6,8
Fiji Virtual: 9
Millenium Virtual: 10, 28
Non-Event Gates: 19,18,17,16,15,1,3,5,7
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZAA Auckland, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (11)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (1) & (2)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- ILS/DME W or LOC/DME W RWY 23L, LOC/DME W RWY 05R
- ILS/DME E or LOC/DME E RWY 05R, LOC/DME E RWY 23L
- VOR/DME E RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) E RWY 05R
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- VOR/DME W RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) W RWY 23L