For our final event of the year, this week's SNO is all about the big smokes: Auckland and Wellington.
The forecast for both centres this Sunday is lousy and that should make for some challenging flying and lively ATC.
Always a favourite, this is the country's busiest mainline route and past experience suggests a heavy turn-out from both pilots and ATC.
Pilots should start at either airport and fly multiple sectors to the other airport and back. The goal is to fill the skies and keep the controllers busy.
This is a great opportunity for all of our new controllers to get some action in the ground and tower positions at either end of the North Island. There's plenty of approach and center-level positions for our more senior controllers too.
These routes suit a variety of aircraft: real-world Air NZ and Pacific Blue typically fly the 737, while Jetstar has its A320s but feel free to come along in whatever you think you'll be able to land in one piece.
Typical sector length in a 737/A320 will run a little under an hour.
NZAA Auckland, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (11)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (1) & (2)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- ILS/DME W or LOC/DME W RWY 23L, LOC/DME W RWY 05R
- ILS/DME E or LOC/DME E RWY 05R, LOC/DME E RWY 23L
- VOR/DME E RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) E RWY 05R
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- VOR/DME W RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) W RWY 23L
NZWN Wellington, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances