Every day hundreds of tourists are ferried between the mountainous beauty of the South Island and New Zealand's thermal wonderland.
Also popular online, this route features one of VATNZ's largest airports as well as another of our unique regional destinations. From the full ILS at Christchurch to the displaced localiser for runway 36 at Rotorua, there's something for every pilot to turn their hand to.
With a variety of different ATC positions suitable for controllers of all levels, this week is a great opportunity for controllers looking to get some more time behind the scope to experience the increased traffic levels of our regular Saturday event.
Pilots should start at either airport and fly multiple sectors to the other airport and back. The goal is to fill the skies and keep the controllers busy.
These routes suit a variety of aircraft: real-world they are typically flown by the ATR72 and the B737 but feel free to come along in whatever looks the shiniest in your hangar.
Typical sector length will be approximately one hour.
CHRO 3 (Jets only) - CH Y393 CC Y465 KAMET H467 FOXTN H313 OH H182 ARETI Y539 RO
CHRO 5 (Non-jets) - CH Y819 FOXTN H313 OH H182 ARETI Y539 RO
ROCH 1 - RO Y640 CHUTE Y780 TARUA H364 PM H325 FY Y694 MESIX H159 CH
ROCH 6 - RO H247 TM H438 NS Q787 ALADA Y894 CH
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZCH Christchurch, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — RWY 02/20
- Arrival/Departure (5) — RWY 02/20
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 11
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (1) & (2)
- Visual Arrivals RWY 02 & RWY 20
- Visual Arrivals RWY 29
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 02/20 (1) & (2)
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 29 (1) & (2)
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome (1) & (2) — RWY 02 — WIP North
- Operational Data — RWY 02 — WIP North, Ground Movements — RWY 02 — WIP North
- ILS/DME N or LOC/DME N RWY 02, VOR/DME N RWY 02
- LOC/DME S RWY 02, ILS/DME S or LOC/DME S RWY 20
- VOR/DME S RWY 02 & RWY 20
- RNAV (GNSS) S RWY 20
- Aerodrome (1) & (2) — RWY 02/20 — WIP South
- Operational Data — RWY 02/20 — WIP South, Ground Movements — RWY 02/20 — WIP South
- RNAV (GNSS) N RWY 02
NZRO Rotorua, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances