This week come join us while we start to adventure into New Zealand's biggest city; Auckland. Our first stop of the night will be Matamata, followed by a scenic flight through the central North Island before landing at Pauanui. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Depart Tokoroa (NZTO) heading towards Tirau.
- Preform a Touch and Go at Matamata (NZMA).
- Fly along the Coromandel Forest Park, taking in the breath taking views on each side.
- Preform a Touch and Go at Pauanui (NZUN)
- Fly back over the Coromandel Peninsula and land at Ardmore (NZAR)
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZAR Ardmore, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4)
- Arrival/Departure (5)
- RWY 03 Preferred VFR Arrival/Departure Routes (1) & (2)
- RWY 21 Preferred VFR Arrival/Departure Routes (1) & (2)
- Helicopter Arrival/Departure Sectors, RWY 03 Helicopter Preferred VFR ARR/DEP — South
- RWY 21 Helicopter Preferred VFR ARR/DEP — South, Helicopter Arrival/Departure (1)
- Helicopter Arrival/Departure (2), Helicopter — Tower TLOF Training Circuit