This week come join us while we explore the South Island, heading towards Greymouth. Our first stop of the night will be Westport, followed by a scenic flight over the Southern Alps. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Depart Takaka (NZTK) following Golden Bay around before track southbound down the coast.
- Fly overhead Whanganui Inlet following the West Coast southbound towards Westport (NZWS).
- Preform a touch and go at Westport (NZWS).
- Track southbound along State Highway 6 to Greymouth (NZGM).
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events