This week come join us while we explore the area around Hamilton. Our departure point for tonight will be NZHN, followed by a scenic flight over to Raglan before heading up the coast. We will then head to Mercer and finally to Matamata. To finish the evening we will fly back to Hamilton. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups if there is a large number of aircraft.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Fly from NZHN to Raglan (NZRA) via the windfarm.
- Preform a touch and go at NZRA
- Depart Raglan to the North and follow the coast.
- From Port Waikato head inland towards Mercer (NZME) airfield for a touch and go.
- From NZME follow State Highway 27 to Matamata (NZMA).
- Perform Touch and go at NZMA
- After touch and go fly back to NZHN for the 18/36 East arrival into the control zone.
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZHN Hamilton, New Zealand
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 18L (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 18L (3) & (4)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 18L (5)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 36R (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 36R (3) & (4)
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (1) & (2)
- RWY 18 VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (1) & (2)
- RWY 36 VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (1) & (2)
- Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
Standard Route Clearances