This week come join us while we continue to explore the South Island, heading towards Invercargill. Our first stop of the night will be Milford Sounds, followed by a scenic flight over the Fiordland Land before landing at Invercargill. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Depart Queenstown (NZQN) tracking through Lake Wakatipu.
- Fly overhead the Southern Alps before approaching Milford Sounds (NZMF) for a full stop landing.
- Continue southbound along the west coast of the Fiordland National Park.
- Complete a 360 around Stewart Island.
- Track inbound to Invercargill (NZNV) for a full stop landing.
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZNV Invercargill, New Zealand
NZMF Milford Sound, New Zealand
NZQN Queenstown, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 05 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 05 (3) & RWY 23 (1)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 23 (2) & (3)
- VFR Arrival Procedures (1) & (2)
- VFR Arrivals, Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (1)
- Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (2) & (3)
- Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (4)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (5)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (3) & (4)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (5) & (6)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (7)
- Bridge Seven Departure, Frankton Six Departure
- RNAV (RNP) ANPOV THREE ALFA Departure, RNAV (RNP) ANPOV THREE BRAVO Departure
- RNAV (RNP) IPNOR THREE ALFA Departure, RNAV (RNP) IPNOR THREE BRAVO Departure
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (3) & (4)
- VFR Departure Procedures (1) & (2)
- VFR Departures
Standard Route Clearances