This week come join us while we leave the township of Whangarei as we head north up the east coast past Kaikohe before circling the tip of the North Island before heading back down 90 mile beach towards Kaitaia. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
aproximatly - 1.5hrs
- Depart Whangarei (NZWR) track north towards the Bay of Islands.
- From the Bay of Islands fly in-land towards Kaikohe (NZKO).
- Preform a full stop landing at Kaikohe (NZKO).
- After deparing Kaikohe (NZKO) head East and continue following the East coast past Great Exhibition Bay
- Go around Cape Reinga in an anti-clockwise direction for the group screenshot.
- Then follow 90 mile beach back to Kaitaia for a full stop landing (NZKT)
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
- Leighton Thompson
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events