This week come join us while we leave the township of Kaitaia as we head back south down the west coast past Opononi and Dargaville before heading back towards New Zealands' largest city to land at North Shore Aerodrome. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
aproximatly - 1.5hrs
- Depart Kaitaia (NZKT) as we head south following the west coast.
- Track the West Coast past Opononi and the Waipua forest.
- Preform a full stop landing at Dargavillie (NZDA).
- After deparing Dargavillie (NZDA) track the Waiora River towards the Waionui Inlet.
- Go through the South Inlet towards Kawau Parua Inlet before turning inland towards North Shore (NZNE).
- Preform a full stop landing at North Shore (NZNE)
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events