This week come join us while we leave the North Island, heading towards the South Island. Our first stop of the night will be Paraparaumu, followed by a scenic flight over the Cook Strait before navigating through the Malbourgh Sounds. Finally depart Nelson heading towards Omaka. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Depart Masterton(NZMS) following the Tararua Rangers towards Paraparaumu (NZPP).
- Preform a touch and go at Paraparaumu (NZPP) before heading south across the Cook Strait.
- Navigate through the Malbourgh Sounds before heading towards Nelson (NZNS) for a full stop landing.
- Cross back across the Malbourgh Sounds and Picton before landing at Omaka (NZOM).
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZMS Masterton, New Zealand
NZNS Nelson, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances
NZOM Omaka, New Zealand
NZPP Paraparaumu, New Zealand