This week come join us while we leave North Shore Aerodrome, heading south to tour the Cormandel. Our first stop of the night will be Thames followed by making a anti clockwise circuit around the whole Coromandel Peninsular, stopping at Thames, Coromandel, Thames and finishing at Pauanui. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Depart North Shore (NZNE) following the East coast, towards Waikeke Island.
- Fly overhead Chamberlins Island before tracking the Firth of Thames coast.
- Preform a Touch and Go at Thames (NZTH).
- Follow the coast line north again, before preforming a Touch and Go at Coromandel (NZCX).
- Once airborne follow State Highway 25 towards Pauanui Beach (NZUN).
- Preform a full stop landing at Pauanui Beach (NZUN).
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events