Flight club returns! We will be running flight club every second Saturday, the community are welcome to submit new routes for each event.
This week come join us while we leave rainy wet New Plymouth for the beautiful coastal town of Raglan. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most.
During this flight we will be leaving New Plymouth and heading roughly for around Mokau while passing the white cliffs, then heading on to Te Kuiti via the Awakino Gorge. At Te Kuiti we will be following railway and coast line again to get to our final location, Raglan.
1.5 - 2hrs
- Depart New Plymouth (NZNP) and leave the control zone to the east (Remember: report your intentions)
- Follow coast line to the white cliffs (excellent brewery there - world famous in taranaki)
- Follow Awakino Gorge or SH3 to Te Kuiti (NZTT), perform touch and go
- From Te Kuiti follow railway to the north to Te Kawa, then fly west to SH31 and fly to the Kawhia Harbour where we will orbit for a group screenshot (hopefully)
- From Kawhia follow the coast up to the Raglan beach and to Rangipu where you should be able to fly straight into Raglan (NZRA)
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Wesley St George
- Leighton Thompson
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
Standard Route Clearances
NZRA Raglan, New Zealand
|TWR||NZNP_TWR||New Plymouth Tower||124.700|