This week come join us while we leave Pauanui Beach, heading south towards the volcanic area of Rotorua. Our first stop of the night will be Waihi Beach, followed by a sencic flight out to Mayor Island before tracking towards Rotorua. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Depart Pauanui Beach (NZUN) following the East coast, towards Tauranga.
- Fly overhead Whangamata before preforming a stop and go at Waihi Beach (NZWV).
- After completion of the stop and go head out into the ocean to make a clockwise circuit around Mayor Island.
- Head back inland towards Tauranga before flying over Mt Maunganui.
- Track the east coast to preform a touch and go at Whakatane (NZWK).
- Follow State Highway 30 back in land towards Rotorua (NZRO) to preform a full stop landing.
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZUN Pauanui Beach, New Zealand
NZRO Rotorua, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances