This week come join us while we finish exploring the South Island, heading north towards Whanganui. Our first stop of the night will be Picton, followed by a scenic flight up the east coast before landing at Ohakea. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Depart Kaikoura (NZKI) tracking north up State Highway 1.
- Preform a Touch and Go at Picton (NZPN).
- Fly across the Cook Strait and up the east coast of the North Island.
- Fly over Kapiti Island before turning towards Ohakea (NZOH)
- Finally preform a touch and go at Ohakea (NZOH).
- Follow State Highway 3 towards Whanganui (NZWN) for a full stop landing.
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZKI Kaikoura, New Zealand
NZOH Ohakea, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances