This week come join us while we start to adventure to the top of New Zealand. Our first stop of the night will be Kerikeri, followed by a scenic flight through the Bay of Islands before landing at Kaikohe and finishing at Whangarei. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remember this is a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups if there is a large number of aircraft.
approximately - 1.5hrs
- Takeoff from NZKT and fly north along 90 mile Beach until reaching Cape Reinga.
- Circle around the lighthouse for a screenshot
- Continue down the east coast towards the Bay of Islands.
- Perform a touch and go at Kerikeri NZKK.
- Fly east towards Kaikohe and perform at touch and go at Kaikohe.
- Follow state highway 1 to Whangarei and perform a full stop landing.
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZKO Kaikohe, New Zealand
NZKT Kaitaia, New Zealand
NZKK Kerikeri/Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances