This week come join us while we leave the hilly region of Kaipara Flats as we head north through along the east coast. Before we will be head out in the Hauraki Gulf before returning to the mainland and onto Whangarei. Even if you have no experience you can still join us and learn a few things or two on the way and most importantly have a fun time doing what us members enjoy most. Remeber this a social flight group and we will be departing in two groups.
During this flight we will be leaving Kaipara Flats and heading roughly nouth along the east coast past Kauau Island, then turning towards Little Barrier Island and fially onto Great Barrier Island for a full stop. After a short break at Okiwi airfield we will depart to follow the island chain towards Whangarei via Mokohinau Island. Then we will overfly Marsden Point Oil Refinery.
aproximatly - 1.5hrs
- Takeoff from the hilly region of Kaipara Flats (NZKF) the fly North following the east coast past Snells Beach.
- Fly over Little Barrier island then onto Okiwi Aerodrome (NZGB) perform a full stop landing.
- After depature we will circle Great Barrier Island in a clockwise direction for an attempted group screenshot.
- Then fly north west over Mokohinau Island and then over Marsden Point oil refinery.
- Fly to Whangarei (NZWR) for a full stop landing.
If you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct between each airport however most pilots will follow the leader.
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport ICAO in lower case.
Event designed by
- Brody Jellyman
- Leighton Thompson
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events