For the first time, VATNZ operates an event in the Antarctic. Join the action in the little travelled McMurdo Sector (NZCM_FSS) as legions of aircraft toil to move personnel and supplies between Christchurch and the Ice before the end of the southern summer.
VATNZ will have ATC in attendance in New Zealand, Williams Field and in between as you'll see the airspace to the south of New Zealand come to life with a variety of aircraft. VATNZ encourages you to join in the fun and bring along a suitable aircraft for landing on the Ice.
Flights are two way - pick a departure point (either Christchurch or Williams Field) and travel to the other! New Zealand ATC will be in full swing so you won't miss out!
By default FS9/2004 has no Antarctic scenery, and FSX has the runways, a basic mesh and little else.
VATNZ recommends the following scenery for the Ice by Julian Avisenis and is available for free from www.flightsim.com. This is very easy scenery to install and everything you need is in the download - no extra scenery libraries required! It was originally built for FS2004, but is also compatible with FSX.
Note: This is critical for FS9 users as the ice shelf is missing in default scenery at Antarctica.
We suggest you download McMurdo Base and Scott Base as an add-on also.
Christchurch (NZCH) to Williams Field (NZWD)
- NZCH/NZWD: CH A338 NOBEY
Williams Field (NZWD) to Christchurch (NZCH)
- NZWD/NZCH: NOBEY A338 CH
Flight distance is approximately 2100nm.
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — RWY 02/20
- Arrival/Departure (5) — RWY 02/20
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (5)
- RNAV STAR RWY 11 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (5)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (3) & (4)
- Visual Arrivals RWY 02 & RWY 20
- Visual Arrivals RWY 29
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 02/20 (1) & (2)
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 29 (1) & (2)
Standard Route Clearances
|NZWD_TWR||Williams Field Tower||126.200|