This week we will be departing Masterton and heading off for Dannevirke.This flight will feature a handful of central North Island terrain and will be another immaculate flight while we cruise through our pristine, green virtual world and see the rolling hills and plains that we never see cruising in jets.
All pilots are encouraged to come and are more than welcome to come join us this Saturday in whatever they feel comfortable flying in. We recommend a small fixed wing aircraft or Helicopter.
- Depart Masterton (NZMS) and head east for Riversdale Beach.
- Via the coast track to Akitio.
- Once at Akitio you can either climb high or go low over the terrain direct to Woodville.
- From Woodville go across to Palmerston North (NZPM), perform t&g.
- Track from Palmerston North to SH3, follow that to Bulls then go direct to Mt. Richards.
- After Mt. Richards fly straight into Dannevirke (NZDV)
However if you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct to each airport.
Maps showing flight path
- Click here
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport name in lower case.
Event designed by
- Wesley St George
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
Standard Route Clearances