This week we will be focusing on getting our aircraft from Milford Sound to Pukaki, it's a short scenic flight and very easily navigated in a small aircraft like the Cessna 172.
Anyone can come and join in on these flights and we would be more than happy to have a few more people of any skill level.
- Spiral climb to 4,500 feet over Milford Sound, so you will have enough height, to cross the range the Homer Tunnel goes through.
- Fly to Glenorchy (NZGY) via SH94 & Elfin Bay, perform t&g.
- From Glenorchy track via lake Wakapitu until at Queenstown then follow SH6 east to Cromwell Racecourse (NZCS)
- from cromwell follow SH8 or the Clutha River south east to Alexandra (NZLX) Perform t&g,
- Track to Wanaka (NZWF) from Alexandra via the Clutha River to the north west of Alexandra, perform t&g,
- From Wanaka follow Lake Wanaka to the north until you reach Minaret Bay, then turn heading in a north east direction direct to Pukaki (NZUK), be sure to fly over Lake Ohau, this will be your final stop.
Maps showing flight path
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport name in lower case.
Event designed by
- Wesley St George