This week we will finally be crossing the cook strait for a taste of north island scenery. This flight will be just over an hour long. We will leave Nelson heading off to the south and then tracking via the Wairau river and then straight to Paraparaumu.
So bring along your Cessnas, Pipers or Helicopters for pure enjoyment of this flight.
- Depart Nelson (NZNS) and head south/west following SH6.
- Head south at Belgrove following the Wai-Iti Valley through Hiwipango, Golden Downs, & Kikiwa.
- Join SH63 at Tophouse.
- Follow the Wairau River towards Blenheim.
- At Tuamarina turn left to follow SH1 towards Picton.
- At Picton (NZPN) airport perform a T&G.
- Fly over Picton township and up Queen Charlotte sound, following the route of the Interislander Ferry.
- Follow the coast north to Tory Channel.
- Cross to the west coast of Wellington.
- Follow the coast north to Paraparaumu (NZPP) for a full stop landing.
However if you feel like you cannot follow specific landmarks to each waypoint you may track direct to each airport.
Maps showing flight path
- Meet in the VATNZ Flight Club TeamSpeak room.
- server = vatnz.teamspeak3.com
- nickname = first name space last name space vatsim id
- password = Temporary TeamSpeak password for event will be the event departure airport name in lower case.
Event designed by
- Wesley St George
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
NZNS Nelson, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances