Christchurch is New Zealands second busiest airport. The busy airspace warrants dedicated terminal controllers and is always a popular destination for online pilots and controllers alike.
Palmerston North is one of the largest regional airports in the New Zealand and provides a scenic and exciting arrival onto runway 25 thanks to the Tararua ranges to the east of the field.
The flight route in between passes to the east and west of Wellington and features spectacular scenery and busy airspace crossing Cook Strait and skirting the South Island's stunning north-eastern coast.
For this weeks challenge it is encouraged to attempt the VOR DME approach into Palmerston North, some pilots may have never flown a VOR DME approach on VATSIM. Aircraft in simulators are normally equipped with a GPS and able to fly RNAV approach, therefore VOR DME approaches sometimes get neglected. For this event you should dust off your VOR DME approach talent and attempt the challenge.
CHPM 1 (Jets only) - CH Y393 CC Y465 KAMET H467 PM
CHPM 5 (Non-jets) - CH Y819 FOXTN H467 PM
PMCH 3 - PM Y226 FY Y694 MESIX H159 CH
PMCH 5 - PM H240 NS Y288 CH
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
When clicking on an AIP link for the first time, you may come to the AIP NZ web page which requires you to click on "I agree". After doing this it is best to use the back arrow on your browser until you are back here again, or close the TAB that was opened. Then click on the link again and you will go straight to the PDF.
NZCH Christchurch, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — RWY 02/20
- Arrival/Departure (5) — RWY 02/20
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 11
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (1) & (2)
- Visual Arrivals RWY 02 & RWY 20
- Visual Arrivals RWY 29
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 02/20 (1) & (2)
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 29 (1) & (2)
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome (1) & (2) — RWY 02 — WIP North
- Operational Data — RWY 02 — WIP North, Ground Movements — RWY 02 — WIP North
- ILS/DME N or LOC/DME N RWY 02, VOR/DME N RWY 02
- LOC/DME S RWY 02, ILS/DME S or LOC/DME S RWY 20
- VOR/DME S RWY 02 & RWY 20
- RNAV (GNSS) S RWY 20
- Aerodrome (1) & (2) — RWY 02/20 — WIP South
- Operational Data — RWY 02/20 — WIP South, Ground Movements — RWY 02/20 — WIP South
- RNAV (GNSS) N RWY 02
NZPM Palmerston North, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances
|NZPM_TWR||Palmerston North Tower||120.600|