Challenging landings at both ends!
Fly between Wellington (NZWN) and Queenstown (NZQN) airports in either direction.
These airports can both be very challenging to land at. Wellington for its wind & short runway. (1815m)
Queenstown for its approach over the Southern Alps and even shorter runway. (1777m)
WNQN 2 - SABDA Y622 MESIX H159 CH Y266 QN
QNWN 2 - QN Q787 TIMJO Y153 DOPKI Y533 GRETA Y393 WN (JET)
QNWN 4 - QN Q787 TIMJO Y153 CH Y393 WN (NON JET)
QNWN 7 - QN Q787 BELEE Y111 WARDS Y393 WN
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
- Don't forget to set your sim for DAY TIME, as there are no night operations into Queenstown.
Note to pilots landing at Queenstown
- eg If assigned the RNAV (GNSS) G approach and you want to do the RNAV (RNP) Y approach, just advise the controller.
- Be familiar with your escape route ie missed approach procedure.
- Make sure you fully understand the approach ie waypoints, heights, speeds, circling if applicable, holding pattern.
- Do not fly a plane larger than an A320.
- Practice the approach when nobody is about.
Note to pilots - Departures
- If you don't have the SID on your FMC please tell the controller.
- If you are not RNAV capable please advise the controller.
- The controller will assign you a suitable departure.
When clicking on an AIP link for the first time, you may come to the AIP NZ web page which requires you to click on "I agree". After doing this it is best to use the back arrow on your browser until you are back here again, or close the TAB that was opened. Then click on the link again and you will go straight to the PDF.
NZQN Queenstown, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 05 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 05 (3) & RWY 23 (1)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 23 (2) & (3)
- VFR Arrival Procedures (1) & (2)
- VFR Arrivals, Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (1)
- Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (2) & (3)
- Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (4)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (5)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (3) & (4)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (5) & (6)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (7)
- Bridge Seven Departure, Frankton Six Departure
- RNAV (RNP) ANPOV THREE ALFA Departure, RNAV (RNP) ANPOV THREE BRAVO Departure
- RNAV (RNP) IPNOR THREE ALFA Departure, RNAV (RNP) IPNOR THREE BRAVO Departure
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (3) & (4)
- VFR Departure Procedures (1) & (2)
- VFR Departures
Standard Route Clearances
NZWN Wellington, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances