On the 22nd June, Queenstown Winterfestival 2012 begins. An estimated 60,000 people will descend on Queenstown for the event, and all these overseas and domestic visitors need to get there in time for the event.
Fly your aircraft from one of the other main centres into Queenstown to pick up your share of the inbound passengers and return them to your home base.
Sector lengths will vary depending on aircraft choice and the other centre you're flying from. Real-world Queenstown is served by B737/A320 and smaller; given the challenging RNAV/VORDME approach, it is recommended that you fly in an aircraft that you're comfortable with.
Events based around the mountainous Queenstown airspace are always popular and always a challenge for pilots and controllers alike and this event will be no exception.
NZAA/NZQN: (AAQN4) H384 NP H252 NS V288 YW DCT GULOV H291 SH
NZQN/NZAA: RNAV: (QNAA2) SH Y569 OR H277 AA
NZQN/NZAA: Non-RNAV: SH H438 NS H126 OR H277 AA
NZWN/NZQN: (WNQN3) WN V306 SABDA H622 MESIX H159 CH H291 SH
NZQN/NZWN: (QNWN5) SH H438 BELEE H567 CC V393 WN
NZCH/NZQN: RNAV: (CHQN1) CH H476 ANOLA DCT GULOV H291 SH
NZCH/NZQN: Non-RNAV Only: (CHQN4) CH H476 RY H438 SH *
NZQN/NZCH: (QNCH5) SH H438 RY H203 CH
* Expect delays on CHQN4 due to northbound traffic; file CHQN1 if at all possible.
NZQN Queenstown, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 05 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 05 (3) & RWY 23 (1)
- RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 23 (2) & (3)
- VFR Arrival Procedures (1) & (2)
- VFR Arrivals, Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (1)
- Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (2) & (3)
- Helicopter VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures (4)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (5)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (3) & (4)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (5) & (6)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 23 (7)
- Bridge Seven Departure, Frankton Six Departure
- RNAV (RNP) ANPOV THREE ALFA Departure, RNAV (RNP) ANPOV THREE BRAVO Departure
- RNAV (RNP) IPNOR THREE ALFA Departure, RNAV (RNP) IPNOR THREE BRAVO Departure
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (1) & (2)
- RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 05 (3) & (4)
- VFR Departure Procedures (1) & (2)
- VFR Departures
Standard Route Clearances