For tonight’s Wednesday Night Ops we will depart Christchurch airport flying all the south islanders into Rotorua airport to enjoy summer.
Christchurch is New Zealand’s second largest city and will require everyone to select their favourite aircraft, prop or jet and depart towards Rotorua with a fully loaded aircraft full of excited tourists.
Rotorua has full night operations and a 1,800m runway, allowing you to land your favourite aircraft up to an A320 or Boeing 737. The route is generally flown by Air New Zealand's ATR72 fleet. Rotorua is not equipped with an ILS approach therefore remember to read the charts and fly an approach you are most comfortable flying or try something new.
ROCH 1 || Y640 CHUTE Y780 TARUA H364 PM H325 FY Y694 MESIX H159
ROCH 6 || H247 TM H438 NS Q787 ALADA Y894
CHRO 3 (Jets only) || Y393 CC Y465 KAMET H467 FOXTN H313 OH H182 ARETI Y539
CHRO 5 (Non-jets) || Y819 FOXTN H313 OH H182 ARETI Y539
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at:vatnz-events
When clicking on an AIP link for the first time, you may come to the AIP NZ web page which requires you to click on "I agree". After doing this it is best to use the back arrow on your browser until you are back here again, or close the TAB that was opened. Then click on the link again and you will go straight to the PDF.
NZCH Christchurch, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2)
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — RWY 02/20
- Arrival/Departure (5) — RWY 02/20
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 11
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 29 (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 02 (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 20 (1) & (2)
- Visual Arrivals RWY 02 & RWY 20
- Visual Arrivals RWY 29
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 02/20 (1) & (2)
- VFR Arrival Procedures RWY 29 (1) & (2)
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome (1) & (2) — RWY 02 — WIP North
- Operational Data — RWY 02 — WIP North, Ground Movements — RWY 02 — WIP North
- ILS/DME N or LOC/DME N RWY 02, VOR/DME N RWY 02
- LOC/DME S RWY 02, ILS/DME S or LOC/DME S RWY 20
- VOR/DME S RWY 02 & RWY 20
- RNAV (GNSS) S RWY 20
- Aerodrome (1) & (2) — RWY 02/20 — WIP South
- Operational Data — RWY 02/20 — WIP South, Ground Movements — RWY 02/20 — WIP South
- RNAV (GNSS) N RWY 02
NZRO Rotorua, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances