The airspace above Kerikeri is uncontrolled, therefore you must inform other pilots of your intentions, via text on the unicom (122.8) frequency.
Aircraft are still required to get clearance from NZCH-R_CTR (126.0) on the ground at Kerikeri, which is normally then validated on the taxi.
Landing aircraft must report to NZCH-R_CTR (126.0) once landed & vacated the runway.
February 6th is New Zealand's national day - Waitangi Day. While the rest of us make the most of the late summer weather, the country's political leaders, their hangers-on, and the media all descend on Waitangi, the small Northland community where the nation's founding document was signed.
This is the busiest day of the year for nearby Kerikeri Airport (NZKK) as the regional airport is overrun with flights carrying the VIPs to and from the commemorations.
Jets are left behind in Auckland as we break out the props to shuttle the dignitories from the big smoke to the Far North. Depending on your aircraft, flight time should be 30-45 minutes each way, so time should allow you to fly a couple of legs.
AAKK 1 - AA RWY 23L - AA G591 UKAPA Q797 KK
AAKK 1 - AA RWY 05R - AA Q520 SF H275 KK
KKAA 2 - AA RWY 23L - Auckland APABO1A Arrival
KKAA 2 - AA RWY 05R - Auckland UKAPA1B Arrival
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
When clicking on an AIP link for the first time, you may come to the AIP NZ web page which requires you to click on "I agree". After doing this it is best to use the back arrow on your browser until you are back here again. Then click on the link again and you will go straight to the PDF.
NZAA Auckland, New Zealand
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & 23L (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (6) & 23L (7)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & 23L (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R & 23L (1)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (2) & 23L (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & 23L (3)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (4) & 23L (5)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances
NZKK Kerikeri/Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances