WORLDFLIGHT is a Virtual Round the World Flight to raise money for Charities around the globe. Teams use their own Home-built Airliner Simulators, flying with real Airline procedures, Charts and Virtual Air Traffic Control supplied by the VATSIM network .
In addition to the SEVEN official fixed base simulators flying the whole event, a huge following of virtual pilots supports the event by flying home based PC simulators.
The route consists of 45 separate flights around the world taking one whole week to complete, flying 24 hours per day.
This year, VATNZ is very proud to host Worldflight 2012 on their first three sectors:
- Sydney, Australia (YSSY) to Auckland, New Zealand (NZAA)
(ETD YSSY 22:00z 04NOV12 - 11:00 NZDT 05NOV12)
- Auckland, New Zealand (NZAA) to Apia, Western Samoa (NSFA)
(ETD 02:00z 05NOV12 - 15:00 NZDT 05NOV12)
- Apia, Western Samoa (NSFA) to Kona, Hawaii, USA (PHKO)
(ETD 07:00z 05NOV12 - 20:00 NZDT)
VATNZ will provide ATC for the Oceanic legs in and out of Auckland and Apia, as well as Enroute Control services in and out of Auckland, Approach services into Auckland and Apia, Depature Services out of Auckland and Tower services at Auckland and Apia and Ground and Delivery Services at Auckland. There is something here for all VATNZ Controllers.
ATC BOOKING WILL BE BY ALLOCATION ONLY AND ALL VATNZ CONTROLLERS WISHING TO PROVIDE ATC SERVICES FOR THE EVENT SHOULD POST THEIR REQUEST IN THE VATNZ FORUMS AND ATC POSITIONS WILL BE ADVISED AHEAD OF THE EVENT.
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & 23L (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (6) & 23L (7)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & 23L (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R & 23L (1)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (2) & 23L (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & 23L (3)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (4) & 23L (5)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances