Controller Training/Visiting Controller Request
Controllers can now submit requests for Ratings Promotion and Endorsements via the VATNZ website.
For Visiting Controllers please go to https://www.vatnz.net/training/
To submit a Controller Rating Promotion Request:
- Sign in to the VATNZ website (via the link in the top-right corner)
- Select the Controller Tab or select the link https://www.vatnz.net/training/
- Select the course PLEASE NOTE Tower students need 30 hours flying/observing and 20 hours of meaningful observing ATC (50 hours total) to apply this is because experience gets you through, also study is very important.
- VATNZ can only process Promotion Requests for VATNZ members
- Non-VATNZ members should talk to their home division to request promotion
To request a Controller Endorsement - eg: Oceanic or Visiting Controller:
- Go to https://www.vatnz.net/training/ and select the Visiting Controller Course (Aerodrome) and register for the course.
- Complete the study, exam, and mentoring.
- VATPAC Controllers automatically receive Visiting Controller status in VATNZ by agreement between the two divisions.
- The Oceanic Controller Endorsement permits the holder to provide Oceanic Control services in:
- VATNZ Oceanic airspace
- VATPAC Oceanic airspace
- VATUSA's Oakland Oceanic airspace
- The Oceanic Controller Endorsement is only available to Controllers with a rating on Enroute Controller or higher