We know there's nothing more everyone loves more than some friendly competition. Join us for another Iron Mic series that takes it to the next level as we battle our neighbours across the ditch, VATPAC. Covering VATNZ's busiest airport, Auckland (NZAA), we'll take on our Aussie friends all week long.
The following positions will be the primary positions:
To give us the best chance possible, please logon to the above positions at Auckland prior to occupying others.
What is Iron Mic?
Iron Mic is a weekly competition that VATSIM holds which recognizes a position with the most hours logged on the network. It is broken into 3 categories; TWR, APP and CTR. The position in each category that logs the most online hours over a 7 day period wins the Iron Mic.
Iron Mic runs from 0000Z on Monday (1300 NZDT) to 2359Z Sunday (1259 Monday NZDT).
How do we know about our progress?
Click on this link (http://fsmine.dhis.org/stats/showstats.cgi) to view all the VATSIM ATC stats for the week.
Remember, Our aim is to keep the TWR, APP and CTR positions open as much as possible. Coordinate with other controllers to ensure maximum coverage of the Auckland positions. You can do this on Facebook, Teamspeak or the forums.
NZAA Auckland, New Zealand
- Minimum Runway Occupancy — RWY 05R & 23L Arrival
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Minimum Runway Occupancy — Departure
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (11)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (1) & (2)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- ILS/DME W or LOC/DME W RWY 23L, LOC/DME W RWY 05R
- ILS/DME E or LOC/DME E RWY 05R, LOC/DME E RWY 23L
- VOR/DME E RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) E RWY 05R
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- VOR/DME W RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) W RWY 23L
Flight and ATC Bookings
We encourage pilots and controllers alike to book your intention to fly or provide ATC using vroute.
These bookings display on the VATNZ website and allow others to know when and where to expect pilots and controllers to be online.
VATNZ Events Mailing List
To keep up to date with all the events taking place in the VATNZ division, subscribe to the VATNZ Events Mailing List. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.