Auckland (icao: NZAA; iata: AKL) is New Zealand's busiest airport and the gateway for more than 70% of New Zealand's foreign visitors. Serving the largest population centre in the country and a major international and domestic hub, it sees a heavy flow of traffic throughout the day.
Hong Kong airport features 2 parallel runways and is a significant hub for cargo and passenger operations. The airport is built on reclaimed land and appears like its own island. Hong Kong is serviced by many well-known airlines and is the world’s 8th busiest airport.
Fly any aircraft on this 12 hour flight from Auckland to Hong Kong and enjoy ATC the whole way
Aim to depart Auckland between 11am and 1pm.
To assist with position reports, feel free to use the Oceanic Reporting Tool.
Please book positions through VRoute
For this weekends event to Hong Kong there is a giveaway for some Hong Kong to Shanghai Landclass scenery. All you need to do to enter is either fly from Auckland to Hong Kong or log in as ATC and complete the online google form here: https://goo.gl/forms/gaq9RXhZGSWkeyHo2This form can be completed between now and Dec 15th 2300z. The winner will be randomly selected from event participants and notified by email. Enjoy the flight!
NZAA Auckland, New Zealand
- Minimum Runway Occupancy — RWY 05R & 23L Arrival
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Minimum Runway Occupancy — Departure
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (11)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (1) & (2)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- ILS/DME W or LOC/DME W RWY 23L, LOC/DME W RWY 05R
- ILS/DME E or LOC/DME E RWY 05R, LOC/DME E RWY 23L
- VOR/DME E RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) E RWY 05R
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- VOR/DME W RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) W RWY 23L
Flight and ATC Bookings
We encourage pilots and controllers alike to book your intention to fly or provide ATC using vroute.
These bookings display on the VATNZ website and allow others to know when and where to expect pilots and controllers to be online.
VATNZ Events Mailing List
To keep up to date with all the events taking place in the VATNZ division, subscribe to the VATNZ Events Mailing List. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.