Another Friday, another fly-in tonight at Palmerston North Airport!
Friday Night Fly-Ins are designed to bring the experience of a General Aviation fly-in to VATSIM. While we can't simulate the fun that fly-in's provide once you arrive, we can certainly provide the fun experience of actually flying in.
These events will be moving around airports in NZ and could be Controlled and Un-controlled airports but the flying is primarly focused on VFR flying.
Fly-in time is scheduled for 8:30pm NZ time, (0830 UTC) so plan to arrive at Palmerston North around then.
Located in the Manawatu region, Palmerston North (NZPM) is a busy regional airport located on the northern edge of Palmerston North Township. Palmerston is serviced by a 1962m long seal 07/25 and a parallel 560m long grass 07/25. Palmerston North sees traffic from Air New Zealand and Origin Air, as well as a ton of training traffic from Massey University based at the field.
Tons of short flights for this fly-in. Choose from places such as Fielding (NZFI) or Ohakea (NZOH) for the REALLY short flights or Masterton (NZMS), Whanganui (NZWU), Paraparaumu (NZPP) or Hastings (NZHS) for a bit longer of a flight. Being a regional airport with a control tower, Palmerston fully supports IFR if you choose to fly GA IFR.
After arriving, be sure to stick around to watch and listen to the other traffic coming in and out for the airport for the event, then why not pick a different airport to depart to and enjoy the fantastic scenery the area has to offer.
ATC for Core positions will be rostered on by the Events Director for Friday Fly-in events.
This decision was made due to the high interest in controlling and limited positions available.
To apply please use the applications tab above. Applications will close at the end of the Tuesday before the event.
Core positions will be the positions listed below on this page.
Palmerston North is a towered airport and both Palmerston North tower and Ohakea approach will be staffed for the event.
NZPM Palmerston North, New Zealand
- Palmerston North - Arrival
- Palmerston North - RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 07 (1) & (2)
- Palmerston North - RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 07 (3)
- Palmerston North - RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 25 (1) & (2)
- Palmerston North - RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 25 (3) & (4)
- Palmerston North - RNAV (GNSS) STAR RWY 25 (5) & (6)
- Palmerston North - VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures,(1) & (2)
- Palmerston North - VFR Arrival Procedures
- Palmerston North - Departure, SID RWY 07 (1)
- Palmerston North - SID RWY 07 (2), SID RWY 25
- Palmerston North – RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 07 (1) & (2)
- Palmerston North – RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 07 (3) & (4)
- Palmerston North – RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 07 (5) & (6)
- Palmerston North - RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 07 (7)
- Palmerston North - RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 25 (1) & (2)
- Palmerston North – RNAV (GNSS) SID RWY 25 (3) & (4)
- Palmerston North - RADAR SID RWY 25
- Palmerston North - VFR Departure Procedures
Standard Route Clearances
|TWR||NZPM_TWR||Palmerston North Tower||120.600|
The controller positions for this event are being rostered by the event organisers.
You can no longer apply to provide ATC for this event.
We encourage pilots to book your intention to fly using vroute.
These bookings display on the VATNZ website and allow others to know when and where to expect pilots and controllers to be online.
VATNZ Events Mailing List
To keep up to date with all the events taking place in the VATNZ division, subscribe to the VATNZ Events Mailing List. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.