The airspace above Kerikeri is uncontrolled, therefore you must inform other pilots of your intentions, via text on the unicom (122.8) frequency.
Aircraft are still required to get clearance from NZCH-R_CTR (126.0) on the ground at Kerikeri, which is normally then validated on the taxi.
Landing aircraft must report to NZCH-R_CTR (126.0) once landed & vacated the runway.
February 6th is New Zealand's national day - Waitangi Day. While the rest of us make the most of the late summer weather, the country's political leaders, their hangers-on, and the media all descend on Waitangi, the small Northland community where the nation's founding document was signed.
This is the busiest day of the year for nearby Kerikeri Airport (NZKK) as the regional airport is overrun with flights carrying the VIPs to and from the commemorations.
Jets are left behind in Auckland as we break out the props to shuttle the dignitories from the big smoke to the Far North. Depending on your aircraft, flight time should be 30-45 minutes each way, so time should allow you to fly a couple of legs.
NZAA Auckland, New Zealand
- Minimum Runway Occupancy — RWY 05R & 23L Arrival
- Arrival/Departure (8) & (9) — RWY 05R/23L
- Arrival/Departure (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (5) & (6) — All RWY
- Arrival/Departure (7) — All RWY, Nosie Abatement — All RWY
- Minimum Runway Occupancy — Departure
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (9) & (10)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (11)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (1) & (2)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (3) & (4)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (5) & (6)
- RNAV STAR RWY 05R (7) & (8)
- RNAV STAR RWY 23L (1) & (2)
- Visual RNAV Arrival RWY 05R & 23L
- VFR Arrival/Departure Procedures — All RWY, VFR Arrival Procedures — All RWY
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L Operations (1) & (2)
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L Operations
- Ground Movements (7) — Low Visibility Taxi Routes
- Ground Movements (8) — RWY 23L Arrivals, Ground Movements (9) — RWY 23L Departures
- Ground Movements (10) & (11) — Code F ACFT
- Code F ACFT Taxi Routes — RWY 05R/23L — Arrival & Departure
- International Apron — RWY 05R/23L, Domestic Apron — RWY 05R/23L
- Ground Movements (1) & (2) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (3) & (4) — All RWY
- Ground Movements (5) & (6) — All RWY
Standard Route Clearances
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP West
- ILS/DME W or LOC/DME W RWY 23L, LOC/DME W RWY 05R
- ILS/DME E or LOC/DME E RWY 05R, LOC/DME E RWY 23L
- VOR/DME E RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) E RWY 05R
- Aerodrome — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East, Operational Data — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- Ground Movements — RWY 05R/23L — WIP East
- VOR/DME W RWY 05R & 23L
- RNAV (GNSS) W RWY 23L
NZKK Kerikeri/Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Standard Route Clearances
Flight and ATC Bookings
We encourage pilots and controllers alike to book your intention to fly or provide ATC using vroute.
These bookings display on the VATNZ website and allow others to know when and where to expect pilots and controllers to be online.
VATNZ Events Mailing List
To keep up to date with all the events taking place in the VATNZ division, subscribe to the VATNZ Events Mailing List. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.