- VATNZ Division Director
- Facilitates the smooth operation of all events within the VATNZ airspace.
- Responsible for the organisation, promotion and execution of regularly occurring and one-off official VATNZ events.
- Acts as a first point of contact and is responsible for aiding other divisions and organisations wishing to hold events in VATNZ airspace.
- Develops relationships with other divisions' and organisations' event staff to arrange support for VATNZ events as well as provide support for their events.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Sunday Night Operations (SNO) flyins, ensuring that an event schedule is maintained and that each event is publicised at least one month in advance.
- Reports quarterly on events activity within the division, and event participation.
- Responsible for coordinating with VATNZ controllers for events.
- Identifies and champions potential improvements for the organisation, promotion, and execution of events in VATNZ airspace.
- Maintains the VATNZ Events section of the VATNZ website.
- Uploads VATNZ events to special media sites (including, but not limited to VATSIM Forums, Vroute events, VATTASTIC Event, VATNZ, VATOCE and VATSIM Facebook pages)
Position Holder Attributes:
- Be a member of the VATNZ Division of VATSIM for a period of at least 12 months.
- Be a member of good standing in VATSIM and VATNZ.
- ATC experience is helpful, but not mandatory in organising and facilitating events.
- Be able to work well with other board members and the VATNZ community as a whole.
- Have ability to maintain focus and organisation over the long run.
- Be able to work well within a voluntary organisation.