Expressions of interest for the Operations Team
The VATNZ Operations Department is looking at expanding the team and taking on a number of Operational Assistants to help the Director in the delivery of outputs.
The Operations Assistant is a non-Board role, and forms the basis of the Operations Team. The OAs form the basis of the Operations Team, assisting the Director in the management of VATNZ Airspace, Policy, Procedures and data.
While you don't have to meet all of this criteria, you should:
- Be a current member in good standing with VATNZ,
- Hold at least a TMA Controller Rating (S3), or have substantial real-world experience,
- Have good knowledge of VATNZ and VATSIM policies, in addition to an understanding of both the technical and practical limitations of the network,
- Have proven ability in the use of VATNZ approved Controller Client software,
- Have good knowledge of real-world policies and procedures,
- Be technically literate, with ideally some programming or technical writing experience (although not necessary),
- Be a pragmatic individual, who enjoys problem solving.
If this sounds like you, send the Operations Director an email at email@example.com with what you believe you could bring to the team. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
Please note that this is not a single position, and that multiple individuals may be taken on board within this role. There is no close-off date for applications, applications can be accepted at any time. ATC Mentors are able to apply and hold the two roles concurrently.